ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
Any person who is employed by a motor carrier of property for the full time direction of its safety activities is eligible for the Wisconsin Safety Management Council Safety Director of the Year Award. The candidate must be the individual:
· with overall authority for policy decisions and administration of the carrier’s safety program;
· with day-to-day operational safety responsibilities;
· who has devoted his/her carrier to the field of highway and/or industrial safety for a period of not less than 5 year; and
· Whose title is not necessarily “Director” but who has directed a safety program for at least 3 consecutive years for the same company.
Candidate must be a member of:
· Wisconsin Motor Carrier Association
· Wisconsin Safety Management Council (active member)
Nominations will be reviewed by the Wisconsin Safety Management Council Safety Director Committee, which will include members from law enforcement personnel, government officials, and council members from Allied companies.
The award winner will be honored each year at the Safety Luncheon held during Wisconsin Motor Carrier Association convention.
FACTORS CONSIDERED IN JUDGING
· Companies safety record, (i.e. CSA Score & Accident Ratio)
· Extra-curricular activities pertaining to the trucking industry
· Community service & other volunteering
· Safety-Specific Education / Continuing Education to enhance career
· Personal & Company Recognition