Date / Time
10/15/2020 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Hosted by Fairway Transit
Presenter: Tom Bray
Tom Bray of J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. will be your instructor. With over 30 years of experience in the transportation industry, Tom started as a driver and operated in all 48 states and Canada. Since transitioning into fleet safety, Tom has worked as an instructor, recruiter, safety supervisor, claims manager, and safety director. Tom joined J. J. Keller in 2005.
Presenter: Mark Abrahamson
Mark retired from the Wisconsin State Patrol in 2017. His extensive DOT experience has taught him an important lesson: drivers often don’t realize the impact that their behavior has on the company they work for. He de-risks business by working directly with transportation leaders to develop a strategic vision, swarm the problems that stand in the way, and create a game plan that ensures success.
Agenda will be up soon!
This seminar will help keep you in compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) maintenance, inspection, and repair regulations, and the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) out-of-service criteria.
The seminar will include:
- Review of Part 393, Parts and accessories necessary for safe operations
- Review of Part 396, Inspection, repair, and maintenance
- Driver inspection and DVIR requirements
- Qualification of maintenance personnel
- Review of CVSA out-of-service criteria
- CSA Basic Scores and the ISS
- FMCSA audit procedures related to maintenance
- Best practices designed to assist in compliance with the regulations