What You Will Learn:
This seminar will provide attendees with basic introductory knowledge and understanding of the DOT/FMCSA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). It focuses on the major regulatory areas scrutinized during a federal and state compliance intervention or review (audit) These areas of focus will include:
- Applicability of Federal and State safety regulations to intra and interstate motor carrier operations
- New hire driver’s qualifications, requirements and obtaining driver MVRs
- Driver qualification files
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Hours of service (drivers’ daily logs)
- Vehicle maintenance, inspection and documentation
- Accident record keeping
- FMCSA Pre-Employment Driver Screening Program (PSP)
- Overview of new regulatory changes including hours of service and electronic on-board recorders
- FMCSA Compliance, Safety and Accountability program (CSA)
And a discussion on why and how to enhance your motor carrier safety program beyond regulations
Tom Bray | J.J. Keller & Associates Inc.
Tom Bray of J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. will be your instructor. With over 30 years of experience in the transportation industry, Tom started as a driver and operated in all 48 states and Canada. Since transitioning into fleet safety, Tom has worked as an instructor, recruiter, safety supervisor, claims manager, and safety director. Tom joined J. J. Keller in 2005.