Date / Time
12/13/2017 - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
What You’ll Learn:
Attendees will learn techniques on this online seminar for operating safely on roads during winter conditions and how to survive winter weather.
- What is a good following distance to have during winter weather?
- What are some good driving habits during winter weather?
- How to prevent truck and trailer brakes from freezing to the drums when they stop at night
- How to prevent fifth wheel locking components from freezing and not working properly.
- How to prevent ice buildup in the air lines during extreme cold conditions.
- What type of survival gear should a driver have with them?
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Members – $30 Non-Members – $50
Presenter: Wayne Carlson, Schneider National
Wayne Carlson is a Safety and Training Manager with Schneider, one of the nation’s largest truckload carriers. In this position, he helps drivers stay safe in or around their equipment. He also works to ensure they remain compliant with Schneider’s safety policies and federal guidelines. Wayne started his career with Schneider in 1991 as a driver. During his 15 years of professional over-the-road experience, he helped train new company drivers by serving as a driver trainer.
He then spent 3 years as a driver manager. Prior to assuming his current role, Wayne was a member of Schneider’s Human Resources team office associates such as driver managers, dispatchers and customer service representatives.