On May 18-19th, the 2018 WI Truck Driving Championships were held at Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, WI. Day one of the competition started off with a driver’s meeting and then the 50 question written exam was taken. Sixty-one drivers competed this year in 8 different classes of competition. On the second day of competing, the drivers tackled pre-trip and the skills course. The results of the two day competition were announced at the awards banquet on Saturday night at the Bridgewood Resort and Hotel in Neenah, WI.
Thank you to all those who participated, volunteered and sponsored this great and important event!
- 3 Axle: Gary Reimer FedEx Freight
- 4 Axle: Andrew Rynearson XPOLogistics – Tomah
- 5 Axle: Duane Staveness FedEx Freight
- Flatbed: Brent Glasenapp FedEx Express
- Sleeper Berth: Jeremy Steger XPOLogistics – Fond du Lac
- Straight Truck: Nick Jarntowski Old Dominion Freight Lines
- Tank Truck: Gary Pingel Old Dominion Freight Lines
- Twins: Jeffrey Langenhahn XPOLogistics – Plover
Grand Champion – Jeff Langenhahn, XPO Logistics
Ray Newberry “Mr Safety” Award – Jeff Langenhahn, XPO Logistics
Pre-Trip Inspection Award – Nick Jarntowski, Old Dominion Freight
Rookie of the Year – Brian Tuttle, Windy Hill Foliage