Date / Time
04/21/2017 - 8:30 am - 4:15 pm
Topic: Vehicle Maintenance
This seminar will help keep you in compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) maintenance, inspection, and repair regulations, and the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) out-of-service criteria. The seminar will include:
- Review of Part 393, Parts and accessories necessary for safe operations
- Review of Part 396, Inspection, repair, and maintenance
- Driver inspection and DVIR requirements
- Qualification of maintenance personnel
- Review of CVSA out-of-service criteria
- CSA Basic Scores and the ISS
- FMCSA audit procedures related to maintenance
- Best practices designed to assist in compliance with the regulations
Driver Vehicle Inspection
With CSA, vehicle maintenance is crucial to your overall score. The way to have fewer maintenance issues during motor carrier enforcement inspections is with drivers doing proper pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Our presenter will go over proper pre & post-trip inspection procedures and what you as a safety professional should be looking for on the inspection forms and with routine maintenance issues.
Presenter: Tom Bray of J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
With over 30 years of experience in the transportation industry, Tom started as a driver and operated in all 48 states and Canada. Since transitioning into fleet safety, Tom has worked as an instructor, recruiter, safety supervisor, claims manager, and safety director. Tom joined J. J. Keller in 2005.
*Meet in Room Truck Driving classroom (T144)*
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Seminar
12:00 noon Lunch
4:15 p.m. Adjournment