Date / Time
10/19/2017 - 8:30 am - 4:15 pm
This seminar will provide attendees with basic introductory knowledge and understanding of the DOT/FMCSA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). It focuses on the major regulatory areas scrutinized during a federal and state compliance intervention or review (audit) These areas of focus will include:
- Applicability of Federal and State safety regulations to intra and interstate motor carrier operations
- New hire driver’s qualifications, requirements and obtaining driver MVRs
- Driver qualification files
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Hours of service (drivers’ daily logs)
- Vehicle maintenance, inspection and documentation
- Accident record keeping
- FMCSA Pre-Employment Driver Screening Program (PSP)
- Overview of new regulatory changes including hours of service and electronic on-board recorders
- FMCSA Compliance, Safety and Accountability program (CSA)
And a discussion on why and how to enhance your motor carrier safety program beyond regulations
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Seminar
12:00 noon Lunch
4:15 p.m. Adjournment
Presenter – Jeff Swan
Retired from the WI State Patrol in 2014 after 34 years of service. Held assignments as a trooper, inspector, sergeant and investigator in the Motor Carrier Investigation Unit. Conducted compliance reviews and safety audits for the FMCSA. Fielded DataQ requests from industry and performed roadside inspections of CMV’s.
Currently working for HNI Risk Services in an advisory role conducting compliance assessments, driver meetings and assisting carriers as they work toward compliance with the federal and state regulations.
Presenter – Mark Abrahamson
Recently retired as a Motor Carrier Sergeant a from the Wisconsin State Patrol in 2017 after 27 years of CMV Safety Experience and service. Most recently supervised the WI State Patrol’s Motor Carrier Enforcement and Investigation Unit (MCEIU) which included the Data Quality Review Program. Additional program supervision included the oversight of the Radioactive Transportation Program and General Hazardous Material inspection.
Current Risk Advisor for HNI promoting loss prevention, safety services, and regulatory compliance.